Matthew Kulas wrote:

>On Mon, 20 Sep 2004 14:56:24 -0400, Benjamin Bloom <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>

>>Good point...
>>
>>Matt, if one of the Crispi's gave you toe-pinch, be careful about
>>Crispi.
>>

>I did feel it on the 27.5 CXR but not on the 28 CXR.  If I *almost*
>had to bend my big toe ("scrunch") to fit in the 27.5, it is probably
>too small right?

Depends...  If you want a performance fit (I'm assuming you do) then the
27.5 is probably the right size as the 28 will pack out and become too
roomy.  The catch is that the toe-pinch might not go away as the liners
pack out in the 27.5.

>Another question is, if Crispis fit well should I focus on the CXR or
>the CXP?  While I do a fair amount of skinning (even a few multi-day
>tours a year), I would guess a beefier boot (with beefier buckles) is
>would be better for the steeps and the tight woods.  How great is the
>difference between the CXR and the CXP?

Well, not having skied the CXP I can't say how it will perform.  My CXR's are noticably heavy for skinning, though tolerable.  I'm certainly not a weight-weenie, though, so for some they'd be anchors.  I have no idea what their actual weight is.

My CX-4's (precursor to the CXA, smaller than the CXP) are great for skinning and are my "light" setup - though still heavy by many standards. :)  They give me enough performance so that I'm comfortable skiing most things, but I prefer my R's.  The CXP might be a good choice.