Sorry I'm late with this posting. Friday, there were at least 7 pied bill
grebes at Dead Creek, four in the calm water beyond the Brilyea Bridge and three
not far from the main road. (I'm so pleased that this little family has
thrived!) Also seen - great blue heron, mallards, green-winged teal, snow geese,
Canada geese, two gorgeous immature harriers, distant hawks that looked like red
tails, a peregrine falcon, robins, song sparrow, starlings, and huge numbers
of redwings gathering and loudly discussing their impending migration.

Maeve Kim
Jericho Center