On Sunday, there were similar numbers of snow geese (in the low thousands), a
good distance from the viewing area. We saw three pied bill grebes together,
plus lots of mallards, redwinged blackbirds, two great blue herons, an
immature bald eagle, and a peregrine falcon. We also saw a comical site at the end of
Gage Road: Many oddly shaped snow geese in the field on the south side of the
road at the very end turned out to be white plastic bags attached to sticks.
Are these "decoys"? (And if so - are they intended to lure geese or birders?)

Maeve Kim
Jericho Center