Sunday Julie and I visited Dead Creek to view the snow geese. I was told it was at peak. Upon arrival I questioned that as I did not see the numbers as in the past close to the fencing. However, after doing a count of 100 in one field and then visually expanding that to cover the largest area of geese, I estimated there to be 3-4000 in that one field. In another field behind the corn and far back from the road I estimated another 3-4000. Flocks of 100-300 kept flying in from the north the entire time we were there. We arrived around 3PM and left at 4PM. Including smaller groups gatered in several other locations I figured that there must have been close to 10,000 geese present. It is a sight every Vermonter should experience.

Thank you to those that responded to my email asking for a report on the geese numbers at Dead Creek. It was a great outing for us.

Lee Allaben
S. Burlington