    This is a day late - didn't get near the computer yesterday.
    The snow geese were there in good numbers, but all over toward the Gage Road - Eagle Lagoon area.  I'm beginning to think that the state built the Rt. 17 viewing shelter on the wrong side of the refuge, at least for this year.
    Going into Brilyea I saw many mallards/blacks, a handsome wood duck pair, and three pied-billed grebes in the lagoon by the causeway.  Coming out I spotted a pair of American Widgeons in near-breeding plumage.
    Back on Rt. 17 I spotted a peregrine having an afternoon snow goose snack on the ground, about a half mile in.  I watched him eat for about 20 minutes.  There was also a harrier buzzing around and a nearly immobile large light-colored raptor sitting in a tree near the barn over near Gage Road.  This was probably a red tail, but I couldn't see any dark belly band.  Hard to say - it was nearly a mile away.
    All in all, a pretty good day.
    Larry