Position Available - Electronic Resources Librarian - Touro University,
California

Touro University - California (TU-CA) invites applications for Electronic
Resources/Technical Services Librarian for its university library.  TU-CA is
located 40 miles north of San Francisco on beautiful Mare Island.  The
university is comprised of three separate colleges, the College of
Osteopathic Medicine, the College of Health Sciences and the College of
Education.  The College of Pharmacy will open in Fall 2005.  This is an
excellent opportunity to grow with a new university.

Benefits include a generous vacation/holiday/sick leave package,
health/life/disability insurance and various retirement options.  Salary
range is $46,000 - $50,000.  This is a full-time non-faculty position.

Responsibilities:
*  Responsible for overall electronic operating functions. Administer
Innovative Interfaces integrated library system, including the migration to
Millennium Circulation.  Coordinate and conduct training with staff and
student assistants on new and updated III modules. Work with other Touro
libraries to coordinate INNOPAC efforts.  Oversee compliance with various
licensing agreements.
*  Original and copy cataloging of monographs, media and electronic
resources using OCLC and III.  This is a shared responsibility.
*  Maintain Library website in collaboration with the MIS department.
*  Work with the Clinical Affairs Department in providing remote access to
Library resources for students and preceptors.
*  Some public service including reference and instruction.
*Assist in the development and implementation of Library services, policies
and procedures including personnel selection and training.
*  Other responsibilities as assigned and other duties as needed.

Qualifications:
* Graduate degree from a program accredited by the American Library
Association or an equivalent graduate library science/information studies
degree.
* Minimum of two years experience in a library setting.
* Enthusiastic and flexible about working in a new library in a rapidly
expanding university.
* Working knowledge of OCLC and Innovative Interfaces.
* Experience with Windows NT systems and applications.
* Excellent communication, customer service and troubleshooting skills.
Ability to work with students, faculty & staff .

Position is available immediately.  Send resume, cover letter, and three
letters of reference to Martha Christopher,
Human Resources Director, Touro University-California, 1310 Johnson Land,
Mare Island, Vallejo, CA 94592 or email to [log in to unmask]

Feel free to contact me for further information.  Please note that  I am now
using my maiden name.  My email address will be changed shortly to reflect
that.

Rochelle A.  Perrine, M.L.S.
Director, Library Services/Professor
Touro University California