If you're coming from the west, NY 7 takes you right
on to the new road, and it will actually take a right
turn to get on the road that was formerly NY 7 towards
Old Bennington., If you are familiar with the area,
the new road begins just west of BD Hooligan's
bar/club, near County Route 102. The Bypass, as fully
designed, actually includes two other "legs", the
northern leg which would continue Vt. 9 north of town
and allow you to continue east to Wilmington/Mt.
Snow/Haystack. The southern, and final leg, if built,
would use the northern leg to bypass US 7 east of town
to go from mass/Pownal up towards Manchester, avoiding
town.
Bob Gates