How about brush back pitches or flat out intentional bean balls?  How about sliding into second spikes high and taking out the short stop or second baseman?  How about a runner trying to score and flat out knocking the catcher into the next county trying to knock the ball loose?  The rule seems inconsistent but A Rod tried to pull a quicky and got caught.  I've seen other teams, including the Sox, pull worse stunts and sometimes get away with it.  It's all part of the game.  He went for the ball and not trying to injure the player.  Big woof.  Now hockey is another thing IMHO.  They ought to ban players for life for some of the parc that goes on there and they only get a couple of minutes in the box.
Jimski

Nick Malczyk <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
I'm hardly a Yankees fan, but wouldn't you agree that what A-Rod did in the
8th inning was about the most degenerate, most despicable, most
unsportsmanlike thing you've ever witnessed in a professional sports game?

Do you Yahoo!?
vote.yahoo.com - Register online to vote today! - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - SkiVt-L is brought to you by the University of Vermont.