>>It would be nice if someone would document exactly what the symantec
>>script does in the way of "poking holes" in the SP2 firewall so that if
>>it fails or doesn't run we have a reference for making the changes
>>manually.
>>

>It's available from the software download site:
>
>https://www.uvm.edu/software/distribution/windows/patches_upgrades/winxp/icf-uvmrules.bat

I've found this batch file won't run on an XP Home computer (I know...we
don't support Home, but SOOOO many people have it, it's sick...),
apparently because of the part where it figures out what version of
Windows you're using.

You can edit the batch file, yank out the three lines starting with
"netsh", put them in a new batch file and run that, and it will do the
same thing, just without all the nice little comments it shows on the
screen.

Also, you can add the exceptions manually to the Firewall (in the
control panel).
(
TCP 10000
UDP 62515
UDP 4500
)
There was a whole discussion about this months ago (which is where I got
this info).

justin