I've checked PubMed, Google, with daptomycin and prophylaxis, daptomycin
and clinical trials.  The requestor has checked Medscape.  What I'm
finding is daptomycin usage for "Complicated skin/structure infections
that are a common complication of surgery, foot ulcers, and burns", for
which it is FDA approved.  The requestor is interested in its use
prophylactically.  Any other search strategy suggestions, other than the
FDA site, that I might check before concluding that nothing has been
published concerning prophylactic usage?  Thanks for any and all help.

Cindy

Cindy Macko

Reference Library

St. Mary Medical Center

Community Healthcare System

1500 S. Lake Park Ave.

Hobart IN   46342

219-947-6230

219-947-6331 (fax)

This message and attachment(s), if any, is intended for the sole use of the individual and/or entity to which it is addressed, and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and prohibited from disclosure under applicable law.  If you are not the addressee, or authorized to receive this on behalf of the addressee, you are hereby notified that you may not use, copy, disclose or distribute to anyone this message or any part thereof.  If you have received this in error, please immediately advise the sender by e-mail and delete this information and all attachments from your computer and network.  Thank you.