Colleagues, In looking for the JAMA Nov. 10, 2004 292(18) article on "Health care information technology" I also read the p. 2205 "Capitol Health Call" short piece "NIH Budget Battle Looms."  It ends with a paragraph on House/Senate bill differences and the open access debate.  The last sentence ends with this" "...a measure opposed by some journal editors and publishers."  JAMA does not say the measure is supported by anyone, any group, any scientists, any publishers, any researchers, any university, or ("heaven forbid!") any librarians or library groups.

The writing and its implications impressed me enough that I thought I would mention to you for Friday thoughts, leaving it to you to ponder what it implies.  Have a good weekend!

Thomas Hill, Librarian   tel. 864-227-4851
Self Regional Healthcare   fax. 864-227-4838
1325 Spring St., Greenwood, SC 29646

Confidential:  This electronic message and all contents contain information from Self Regional Healthcare which may be privileged, confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure.  The information is intended to be for the addressee only.  If you are not the addressee, any disclosure, copy, distribution or use of the contents of this  message is prohibited.  If you have received this electronic message in error, please notify the sender and destroy the original message and all copies.