Colleagues, In trying to find an answer to my previous question about a "tag" for full text articles, a colleague sent word that free full text [sb] can be used in a search.  ANDed to the subject, etc.

I recall reading that AND OR NOT were no longer necessary in upper case.  and or not could be used.  Did I dream this?  AND OR NOT seem to (still) be the form.  When I searched "marfan syndrome" and free full text [sb] it did not work, I got no results.  With AND I got results.  Have you heard that "and or not" in lower case is supposed to work on the search line?

So, I went to checking the index of NLM Technical Bulletins, and I found that to be less than satisfactory.  For example, the index saws a tec bull mentions a clarification of Adolescent, but for all my searching of the issue listed, I could find nothing.

I found the June 19, 2003 posting that describes the free full text subset and the full text subset being available.  Why in the subset box on Limits is full text and free full text not listed?

I did find a list of publication types with scope notes.  In the Limits of a search, we do not see all these publication types.  Why not?  I tried looking for all the publication types on the PubMed search page and can not find them.  Any ideas?

In other words: How is one to remember all this?  Why has PubMed/NLM not made these search aids more readily available in the pull down boxes?  Is there any chance that they will appear, soon?

And finally, I repeat my question of last week because I am not finding a "tag" in a cataloging field for full text.  Is there a MARC tag for a journal citation (or even an item being catalogued) that indicates the article (or the item) is available full text?  It seems to me there must be something.  Any more ideas appreciated.

Thomas Hill, Librarian   tel. 864-227-4851
Self Regional Healthcare   fax. 864-227-4838
1325 Spring St., Greenwood, SC 29646

Confidential:  This electronic message and all contents contain information from Self Regional Healthcare which may be privileged, confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure.  The information is intended to be for the addressee only.  If you are not the addressee, any disclosure, copy, distribution or use of the contents of this  message is prohibited.  If you have received this electronic message in error, please notify the sender and destroy the original message and all copies.