Yesterday, a group of schools who have either implemented Chancery SMS or are about to do so met here in Barre to discuss common issues.  Present were folks from Burlington, Windsor SW, Barre, and Milton (the latter by proxy because of the weather).  We spent three hours assessing our current situations, looking at our needs, and putting together a few strategies.

One result is that we want to form a users' group to provide mutual assistance, resource sharing, commisseration, and so on.

We invite any other school/district either using or anticipating to use Chancery SMS to join us.  E-mail me (it does not have to go the entire list) with your interest.

Even if you do not want to actively participate in such a group, we would still like to hear from others who have taken the SMS leap, what version you're running, what issues you have, what pieces are up and running, etc.

Many thanks,

Tommy J. Walz
Technology Coordinator
Barre Supervisory Union