Has anyone tackled standardizing patient education materials "across the
continuum"?.........At our organization, we'd be looking at ER, Med Surg,
ICU, Transitional Care, Homecare and possibly Medical Group
practices..........with nurses/pharmacists/physical
therapists/nutritrionists as key interacting personnel.

I'd appreciate offlist response from anyone who has been down this path
before.........everything from policy & procedure, literacy & format
issues, storage & inventory control.........

My goal is "roving wireless laptop" patient education ........MedlinePlus
certainly is approaching  as the leading tool.....but right now our nurses
don't have enough computers/fast enough printers/time to choose the right
page/print it out and review it with the patient............so we still
rely on the pre-printed brochures/education sheets in the pendaflex file.

(sigh)

thank you, in advance to anyone interested in comparing notes & sharing
their success
I'll summarize if there is any significant response

Ellen Richards, M.S., C.P.H.Q.,  Library Manager
Marshall Medical
Community Health Library
681 Main St. Suite 103
Placerville, CA 95667
Monday - Friday 9 AM - 4:30 PM
530-626-2778
fax: 530-626-2779
www.marshallmedical.org/library.cfm

 Confidentiality Notice:  This email message, including any attachments, is
for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may obtain confidential
redistribution is prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient,
please contact the sender by replying to this email and destroying all
copies of the original message.