Technology is advancing faster than my ability to revise my policies and
procedures!  Does anybody have a policy (preferably written) on the use
of thumb drives, AKA memory sticks or memory keys, on library computers?
 We do let clients bring in their own CD's or disks as long as they do
not download materials to our hard drives.  Would this be the same
situation?  Our Medical Records Dept brings former patients in to look
at their electronic records on our computers, & I am wondering if that
could constitute a risk.
I'm revising policies to prepare for JCAHO, so any advice or comments
would be appreciated!  Thanks!

Nancy Crossfield
Manager, Library Services
Medical Library (70)