Depends on what you consider cheap during a holiday period. You could try
Wilder Farm Inn, tell Luke I sent you and he might give you a deal. Nice
B&B accomodations on scenic RT 100.

The Garrison is one of the least expensive options in town, but I haven't
heard great things about it.

How about the Golden Lion or Camel's Hump View Farm? The Mill Brook Inn is
another good one, but not necessarily cheap. You can always stay in
Waterbury (20 minutes) or Montpelier (half an hour), too.

If you are fishing for a couch invitation, I can put you in touch with
some of the SB ski houses. Good luck.

John