>On Tue, 21 Dec 2004 11:50:13 -0500, Jim 'Fashionista' Clapp
><[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>>
>> Skill is one way to distinguish, you say? That is true, but skill is
>> unknowable in  the liftline.

Truth!  This sunday I pulled up to the Castlerock lift, and in front of was a woman who, by her
fashion, obviously didn't belong on this lift.  She sported no duct tape, her jacket had no reeb
stains, no burn holes from fumbling with her lighter and pipe on the lift,  her gloves were a
matching pair.  Worse yet, she was wearing one of those Bogner-dead-animal-around-the-collar-
and-cuffs-on-piece thingys.  I took one look and knew she was looking at a 45 minute tearfest
down Trollroad.

How wrong I was.

The woman ripped through the ugly early season low-snow bumps of Middle Earth as if it was her
30th day of the season.