Dear VBS folks:

If the arctic air mass has got you down, here's your chance to warm up with
butterflies and the Vermonters who love them. The Vermont Butterfly Survey
will honor its volunteers at a POTLUCK BUTTERFLY BRUNCH at 11 am. on
Sunday, February 20, at the North Branch Nature Center in Montpelier. If
you attend, you'll:

  - View wall-sized images of Vermont butterflies
  - Eat great food.
  - Share wild stories from your VBS survey expeditions.
  - Get tips from the experts on butterfly identification and VBS survey
techniques.

VBS will provide bagels and beverages. So bring a dish to share, your
butterfly stories, questions, and warm enthusiasm for the coming season of
gossamer wings.

We also want your best butterfly images to display during the Wing Ding.
Pick your best three (no more) electronic images (JPGs, please) and email
them to Kent at [log in to unmask] We'll incorporate your shots into
the slide show.

There's no need to RSVP. Just show up. And feel free to bring along your
digital camera, GPS unit or other VBS tools you might need help using.

To reach the nature center from downtown Montpelier, drive north on Elm
Street, which is also Route 12 (near the post office and courthouse), for 2
miles to find the nature center on your right. We'll be in the barn.

We look forward to seeing everyone. Hey, only two months until the
Nymphalids fly!

Kent McFarland and Bryan Pfeiffer

The Vermont Butterfly Survey
A Project of the Vermont Institute of Natural Science

27023 Church Hill Road
Woodstock, VT 05091
(802) 457-2779 Ext. 124

www.vinsweb.org/conservation/vbs