On Mon, 3 Jan 2005 16:29:02 -0500, Skip King <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>At 03:59 PM 1/3/2005, Carol wrote:
>

>>Question: Those who have been up here for years -- does this season
>>"start" break any records for awful?
>

>Carol, I've been involved with the ski industry in Vermont in one way or
>another since 1977.  I'm sure that my memory is selective, but truthfully I
>can only remember one other year that started out so poorly - '79-80.  I
>seem to recall a pretty grim one in the early '70s, too - back before evril
>snowmaking took hold.

Actually, check this out:
http://tech-geeks.org/tiny.php?url=2736

In case the link doesn't work, its the Mt. Mansfield snowdepth graph comparing this year and
2001-2002.  Until this week, we've pretty much had a bettr snowpack than 3 years ago.  Now
we're more or less tied with that abyssmal year. However, if things don't pick up greatly within the
next week or two, this year may be easily beaten by  01-02.