Last Thursday night, I returned to Bolton Valley to train with
Cochran's, this time, SL.  Unfortunately, my SL skis don't have the
same tune my race GS skis do, so, while the initial runs were decent,
as the edges dulled further, I began to slide more.  When I was unable
to hold an edge on 50% of the gates, I stopped running them.  This was
just as well, since I have not had shin and pole guards for years and
my body was taking a bruising.

One of the treats of the evening was having a current US Ski Team
member training with the kids (no, it wasn't a Cochran).

One of the other treats of the evening was having chicken that was
thoroughly cooked.  And, of course, a reeb or two to wash it down.

--Matt K.