The answer from here is "yes".

I got home to SF at 3 am Friday, courtesy of an O'Hare delay, and then
could not reasonably get anywhere near the Sierra crest.

After four days of "Blade Runner" like conditions, it only showered
off and on yesterday (for you youngsters, that's Ridley Scott's sci-fi
eye candy which features Harrison Ford tracking down renegade
replicants in a 2019 LA, where it rains constantly because of a sky
filled with dirty particulate matter in a warmer atmosphere than
today: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0083658/).

This kind of weather pattern makes all but skiers grumpy around here,
because in the winter it very rarely rains significantly in the Bay
Area without Tahoe getting some snow.  Over the weekend I recalled how
we had measurable rainfall (greater than 0.10") for 17 consecutive
days in SF when I lived here the first time in the 90's (winter '93 or
'95).

So while another storm may make travel difficult again this weekend,
I'll accept it - check this out to see the frequency with which
northern California has extended mid-winter dry spells.  Based on San
Francisco's daily rainfall, over the past 53 rainfall seasons (July 1
to June 30) there has been a "dry" period in December or January
averaging 19 days!

http://ggweather.com/enso/winter_dry_spells.htm