  _____

From: Vermont Skiing Discussion and Snow Reports
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of McCusker, Brad
Sent: Thursday, January 06, 2005 3:59 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [SKIVT-L] Equipment and advice needed for 3 year old

I'll second David Guertin's statements:
Priority one: comfortable boots. Priority 2-10: see Priority 1.

 We could add "make sure she is warm", but, that goes for anything outdoors,
so, you already know that.  Just don't forget it.

Sorry, but my daughter's stuff from that age went at the Okemo swap last
fall.  Again - swaps are your friends for kids that age.  However, except
for her very first pair (at age 3), we always bought new boots,
professionally fit (see priority 1, and understand that my daughter averages
about 30 days a year on skis and has been since she was about 4).

Not advice on equipment, but related - Set expectations accordingly.  At 3
years old, my daughter spent a lot more time making snow angels and crawling
around the piles of snow in the base area than any real skiing.  Walking
around in boots, occasionally attaching the skis, sometimes utilizing
gravity to make the skis slide, and just being on the hill are significant
accomplishments for some children at that age.

Have fun.  It won't be too long before you won't be able to keep up.

Brad

  _____