Crusty and thin as my high-school girl friend…

On sun-exposed south aspects there’s about 2” of sweet corn with no base
to speak of, that was nice’n’grippy for the Alpina Cross Terrain’s
scales.  On N aspects it’s about an inch of breakable rain crust (that
the C.T.s could barely grip at all) atop  3-5” of sweet’n’creamy stuff.
With a better crust/cream ratio it coulda been crème-brulee season, but
as it was it seemed more like overdone upside down deep-dish pizza.

Takin’ the tour from east to west, the N facing bowl was nearly
unskiable due to fresh blowdowns and crusty condition, but I did it
anyway, clearing some of the easier trash out of the way. The pumphouse
road was  a high-speed snowplow on very firm crust, which helped the
edges scissor of some of the twiggy bits.

The bunny hill was a softer breakable crust, but it was difficult to
keep going with the dog-slow skis, so I kept goin’ in kick’n’glide mode
(more like kick’n’grind on those skis) in vain hope of finding something
better. It’ll probably ski better after Saturday’s predicted fluffage,
but it needs a lot to be really good.

Tour Stats:

Length of tour: ~3km

Vertical earned: ~250’

Turns: 5

Falls/crashes: 0

Cire du jour: K-Y gel or maxi-glide, whichever is handier :-)

dana
_____________ ________ __
__( Tele till you drop!