Crusty and thin as my high-school girl friend

On sun-exposed south aspects theres about 2 of sweet corn with no base to speak of, that was nicengrippy for the Alpina Cross Terrains scales.  On N aspects its about an inch of breakable rain crust (that the C.T.s could barely grip at all) atop  3-5 of sweetncreamy stuff. With a better crust/cream ratio it coulda been crème-brulee season, but as it was it seemed more like overdone upside down deep-dish pizza.

Takin the tour from east to west, the N facing bowl was nearly unskiable due to fresh blowdowns and crusty condition, but I did it anyway, clearing some of the easier trash out of the way. The pumphouse road was  a high-speed snowplow on very firm crust, which helped the edges scissor of some of the twiggy bits.

The bunny hill was a softer breakable crust, but it was difficult to keep going with the dog-slow skis, so I kept goin in kicknglide mode (more like kickngrind on those skis) in vain hope of finding something better. Itll probably ski better after Saturdays predicted fluffage, but it needs a lot to be really good.

Tour Stats:

Length of tour: ~3km

Vertical earned: ~250

Turns: 5

Falls/crashes: 0

Cire du jour: K-Y gel or maxi-glide, whichever is handier J

dana

_____________ ________ __

__( Tele till you drop!