If you take Skip's science experiment and add another few gradations
(snowballs of differing density) we could answer that question.

Basically, I think the answer is "It depends."  Mostly, on how compacted
the snow is. i.e. how close is it to the density of ice?

My bet?  The snow melts faster, but probably not at a rate fast enough
to notice until you're down to bare dirt where the snow was and have
patches of ice elsewhere.