On Sun, 16 Jan 2005 13:45:49 -0500, Mike Bernstein <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>I noticed that too but I'm wondering whether that benchmark is relevant
>for the Mad River Valley this season.  Multiple forays into the woods last
>weekend indicated that another foot was necessary before serious enjoyment
>began.  Trip reports from MRG this weekend indicate same.

We also have to remember that this is highly elevation dependent.  Lower
elevations have next to nothing while I'm sure at 3,800ft or wherever the
stake is,  there is 40" of the hardest packed snow ever.

This year we might need to reach the 60" mark for serious tree bashing.
Either way, I'm going in on Tuesday and in early december when the stake
was at 20" we were already skiing off Bypass and the Nosedive Glades.

-Scott