From: "Pat Vigorito" <[log in to unmask]>
To: "Boss, Cathy" <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Tuesday, January 25, 2005 11:16 AM
Subject: Ambulatory Surg Centers List

> I think this may be what you want.
> This journal is given to me and I do not have this issue yet.
>
> _____________
> Modern Physician, Jan 1, 2005 v9 i1 p20
> Busiest Hospital-Affiliated Ambulatory Surgery Centers. (The List)(Brief
> Article)
>
> Full Text: COPYRIGHT 2005 Crain Communications, Inc.
>
> Data on ambulatory surgery centers are difficult to find as the size,
> ownership, location, procedures performed, patient base and billing
> practices of ASCs vary widely. Undaunted, Modern Physician took a stab at
it
> and asked the healthcare data company Ingenix of Salt Lake City to pull
some
> numbers. Below is a list of the 25 busiest hospital-affiliated ASCs based
on
> Medicare patient visits in 2002. As the findings reveal, hospitals in
small
> communities with large numbers of elderly residents enjoy a brisk
> outpatient-surgery business.
>

> Patricia M. Vigorito, M.L.S.
> Medical Library/ Morton Hospital
> 88 Washington Street
> Taunton, MA 02780
> 508-828-7407 (voice) 508-828-7408 (fax)

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). The information contained in this message is private and confidential, may contain legally protected health information and may be subject to one or more non-disclosure agreements, HIPAA privacy regulations and other laws. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message