        Last week a researcher approached me with a request to do a search on methods of detecting (illegally) added alcohol to sake via IR (isotope ratio) mass spectrometry.  I broke this down into the concepts of sake or rice wine, isotope ratio mass spectrometry or IR mass spectrometry and added alcohol and have proceeded to run the search in STN, Agricola, SciSearch, Food Science and Technology Abstracts, Wilson's General and Applied Science abstracts, Analytical abstracts and CA search.  In all cases I've come up dry, and usually at the mass spectrometry term.  Does anyone have any ideas of what other terms or databases (we have Dialog) might be useful in uncovering some information?
        Thanks

Sue Barned
Librarian, National Laboratory Center