Scott wrote: <<Check out this statement from the NWS near Boston....I've
never seen
anything like this (8" per hour snowfall rates from a nor'easter):>>

Yeah it's pretty amazing.  Reminds me of N Vt in 2001.  Thick horizontal
snow and very heavy gusts.  Depths are all over the place.  North sides of
houses and cars are blown to a few inches.  Other places there are drifts up
to 4 ft or more (Plymouth County).  It's probably 20" or so where the wind
hasn't redistributed it.  Anything you shovel fills back in in minutes or
even seconds.  Throw a shovel-load into the air and it blows away sideways
and disappears.  Todd H