On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 19:59:04 -0500, Scott Braaten <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

 Apparently there's still some stuff poking through and
>occasionally you can feel your skis glance off a stump or root, but
>overall, the snow is so good you can't help but head into the woods.

Yah, this is how it has been at Greek Peak lately. The snow is nice and
deep, however it is so light that you easly nick stumps and limbs buried in
the snow. I was a little nervous about all that yesterday, but my phat skis
floated well enough above it all.

>Of note:
>I believe Binghamton, NY has had its snowiest January on record after this
>storm...Albany is in the top 6 snowiest January's...Boston and Providence
>are going for their all time records too after the snow winds down today.

Greek Peak is just a few miles north of Binghamton. Plenty of pow there for
sure. We are enjoying this weather quite a bit (at least I am...but I can't
tell you how many people in my office whine about it every day).

-Sh