On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 16:28:20 -0500, Dylan Gamache
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>OK, so maybe those who tele have said something about this before, wrote
>about it, who knows. Its hard to pick out fact from fiction often and there
>are some many threads that tangent I often get repetitive motion symptoms
>from hitting the delete key. I guess I just missed it.
>
>Today I was at K on me tele's for only a couple hours. Happened to ride up
>the lift with a stranger also on tele's. We skied a couple runs and he gave
>me a couple tips. What I wasn't ready for was how nice and smooth it was to
>ski through 4-5 inches of tracked up fluff, which I call chum. I was
>expecting to be rattled and bounce around a bit between snow and tracks, but
>I just floated through it all. I can't wait to feel what its like in deep
>untracked.
>
>Maybe I'll get good enough to want to ride them rather that fixed heal after
>a storm...... could happen.

Yeah, I was surprised too. So nice n smooth, and face shots are more likely
b/c you are lower to the ground. Its nice, but, I must say, I prefer my phat
alpine skis on a powder day. I can cover more ground and track up more snow
with a lot less effort, which I find more enjoyable.

-Sh