Hey, what's up with people?  I had to run some typical Sat errands and
man, the roads were insane.  The road to Costco was at a stand still far
worse then during the holidays.   People were trying to cut the line
from the outside lane and screwing up 2 out of the 3 lanes, stooopid and
inconsiderate.  Gas stations had incredible lines, I ask, "If you plan
to not go anywhere, WHY DO YOU NEED GAS!"  People were as aggressive as
lleh.  We had better pray we don't suffer any real shortages in this
country or there will be blood in the streets.  Forget about grocery
stores.  I walked into and right back out of Trader Joe's, lines to the
back of the store.  The storm will be done in 24hrs. right.  Okay, make
it 36 for the plows to catch up.  What is the big deal?  Is there really
so many empty cupboards on the gold coast of the north east that
families won't survive "hours" without stocking up?  What really cracked
me up is almost everyone (80%) were in their SUV's.  I'm sorry but I've
never owned a 4x4 and have driven around in horrendous weather without a
problem.  I think if I had a Ford Explorer I'd be confident enough to
drive to the Seven11 if little Richey knocks over the milk, no matter
how many inches of snow fall!  Duh, the plow drivers aren't going to
miss a minute of overtime, they are not abandoning their trucks and
running for the hills, they'll be rumbling down my road and all others
to make sure emergency vehicle can get through.
So I ask you, is there something in the reptilian part of the brain that
is triggered by weather man so people unconsciously begin to "hoard"
even with total disregard for logic?  Are people operating on some
"caveman" survival mechanisms,
"must_get_microwave_popcorn_before_storm_covers_cave_entrance, ug"?  I'm
going to wait for a good 6 inches to build up and go finish my shopping
in the peace only powder can bring.  In the words of John Stossel, "Give
me a break"