Remote operation, but not Remote access, of SpEd DB

In Caledonia Central SU, the SpEd database runs on a server at Danville HS,
which the SU office, also in Danville, can access, along with the
Danville teachers.

Those who work in the other 3 schools of the SU run the SpEd DB on a
laptop or desktop,
and approx. monthly export data to diskettes or CD's and send to the SU
office.
Someone there imports the data into the central DB.

The DB's interface for importing and exporting data is not perfect.
I recently spent many hours at the SU office
(moderately successfully) trying to clean up some accidental duplicates -
 which, when they occur, put data in lots of different tables within the
DB.

Top-level record duplicates can be removed (manually, one by one)
using the DB's interface. Low-level duplicates are harder to remove.

Sigurd Andersen