We had a similar problem with the 5.5 version of Filemaker. Speed of
access across a wan was prohibitively slow.

Doug Reaves
Bellows Free Academy
Fairfax, Vermont

One thing I would add to Steve's post. Server 2003 will allow Macs to
connect as terminal serv er clients. You wouldn't have to go to citrix
route. Unfortunately filemaker doesn't function well directly from
remote locations. They may have been addressed in the latest version.
am not sure.
Dave

David Tisdell. Computer Coordinator
Mt. Mansfield Union High School
211 Browns Trace
Jericho, VT 05465
802-899-4690 (Voice)
802-899-2904 (Fax)
[log in to unmask] (e-mail)

>>> [log in to unmask] 02/04/05 9:55 AM >>>
We use Remote Desktop Connection (about $29 per set of licenses) to
log
into a Windows Terminal Server.

>>> [log in to unmask] 2/4/2005 9:39 AM >>>
Hello,

I would very much appreciate some input on how some of our special
educators
could access their SpedDocs remotely.  Presently, SpedDoc resides on
its own
server in one of our schools.  (The school uses Macs and SpedDoc is on
a Mac
server).  The teachers are finding it very inconvenient to have to
come
into
school to work on their paperwork during the weekends.  Any
suggestions
on
what we can do to obtain these teachers secure, remote access to this
server?

Thanks.  Also, I'd be very interested in courses for the
non-technical.
was hired for curriculum integration, but I'm finding that many
technical
questions come my way.

Margaret Cintorino
BRSU Technology Coordinator

This e-mail may contain information protected under the Family
Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).  If this e-mail contains
student information and you are not entitled to access such
information
under FERPA, please notify the sender.  Federal regulations require
that
you destroy this e-mail without reviewing it and you may not forward
it
to anyone.