I think someone used
>that word last night in describing Mansfield conditions on the other
>side.

Last night we found maybe 4 or 5 inches on top barely crunchable somewhat
crusty layer that you either had to stay on top of or stomp hard and turn
(punchable?).  The low angle woods were the best I've skied this year.  We
had to avoid some sizable death chunks on the trail where the sun could cook
things a little.  It's been two weeks since I've put any significant gouges
in my bases.  A good indication of the cover.  Skinning was excellent.  We
chased our moon shadows all the way up.