After a long burning quad day along with a very tender but taken care of
ankle, I was determined to get a few runs in at jay sat afternoon, no full
day here today. bought a $20 lower mtn ticket at around 12:30 and skiied a
cople of runs through bushwacker, and the other beginner glade to the left
of the chair, and found some areas that had some fresh 6-8 inches still
untouched. The ankle was sore but not bad enough that I could not ski on
it, so I decide to try and get on the flyer quad and check out beyond
beaver pond, still had some nice fresh far to the skiiers left. did another
lap off the quad and then headed to the state side to check out can am and
timbuktu which had some icy patches starting to show up but were avoidable.
Can am had a little bit of ice in between the bumps, but nothing that could
not be absorbed. In all it was pretty good late afternoon despite my
situation, I probably shouldn't have been skiing, but it will take a lot
more than sore ankle to keep me off the slopes. Off to the stowbound lodge
which is in it's last week of operation, after 38 years of buisness and
being sold to a realator who is goin to turn the place into an office
building after wednesday, sad to see some of these places go.

Day 2 feeling much better today but arriving at the mtn late around 11:00
am, and hearing that everything is 100 percent open. I decided that I had
to get on the tram today and ski the face and hopfully tuckermans chute.
got up to face at around 2:00 in the afernoon looked a little sketchy from
the tram, but found that there was plenty of good snow still,  and skiied
down the thee tight chute where jerm took 2nd place in 2001. Looks like
things will be a go if conditions hold up all week long for next sundays
IFSA comp, for any of you Vitlers that want to challenge yourself. Did not
take the tram up to do tuckermans, but did find great conditions on JFK and
skiied 3 or 4 runs down jfk it was probably the best on the mtn all
weekend. Wish I knew there was other vitlers there that day, It was nice to
get to somewhat ski and talk with Ben on friday. off to my 2nd hometown ski
area other than killington, croched mtn whcih has recieved about 6 to 8
inches of freshies already as of noontime, got go catch some more pow. Have
fun out there.