I have to put in my two cents as well and would be willing to be part of
the discussion group.

Security for schools is so much different than security for the corporate
world and many vendors don't see the difference.  On support of the
network admins I have to put in that teachers and support staff many times
do not understand software copyright laws and believe that they can just
install any software on their systems with the good ol' reason of "it is
for the benefit of the students".

We as IT personnel fully understand the need to support the students, but
also understand the issues involved with using illegal software.  As IT
personnel we are hired not only to support the teachers and students, but
also to protect the schools from legal action if possible.

Todd Ponto
Director of Technology
Orange North SU
(802) 433-5818 x318

This e-mail may contain information protected under the Family Educational
Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).  If this e-mail contains student
information and you are not entitled to access such information under
FERPA, please notify the sender.  Federal regulations require that you
destroy this e-mail without reviewing it and you may not forward it to
anyone.