We've had an interesting visit  by 3 cardinals almost daily since
Christmas  in Burlington (around the Champlain College neighborhood),
two brilliant males and a female who have stayed together quite
peacefully. (Last summer there were 2 nesting pair, one nest was
destroyed, probably by squirrels.) This morning one sang for almost an
hourgorgeous spring sound. My question is whether it's unusual for 2
males to hang around together with a female?? Also daily visits by flock
of about 25-30 robins who are also beginning to vocalize--but the
cardinal today for the first time was in full song. Nancy