But Tom,  Mozart was FOND of his starling.

Kate  "There are no bad birds, just bad attitudes"  Olgiati

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Slayton, Tom<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
  To: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
  Sent: Wednesday, March 09, 2005 1:51 PM
  Subject: Re: [VTBIRD] Redpolls

  I had a similar experience yesterday noon,  just as the storm was blowing in
  -- a small flock of 6-8 redpolls feeding voraciously along with the usual
  cloud of goldfinches, purple finches, nuthatches, etc. Also yesterday had
  several pine siskins with (?) the redpolls -- and three very large,
  evil-looking starlings. No redpolls, siskins or starlings today.

          Tom Slayton
          Montpelier