Dear Medlibbers,
My nursing director has asked me to find if there is a formula we can use to
determine the "correct" number of obstetricians to have on our medical
staff, based on the number of births per year.

I have searched PubMed and Google, using terms such as personnel staffing,
manpower, workload/workforce, statistics, etc. etc. combined with
obstetrics, maternity --- I am getting nowhere.  I am only finding studies
done in UK and other countries with nationalized health services; nothing
for the US (except discussions of new work-hour limits for residents, which
she does not want).

Would be grateful for any leads you can offer!

J. Bruman, Library Manager
Natividad Medical Center
P.O. Box 81611, Salinas CA 93912-1611
831-755-4316