Good morning Medlibbers,

Our library is investigating the purchase of a portable barcode reader, and I have been asked to obtain feedback/comments from other libraries.

I am interested to find out the following;

a) what software your library uses for circulation
b) if your library has a portable barcode reader
c) if you do not have a portable barcode reader why did you decide against purchasing one (ie. cost, not needed, too many complications)
d) if you do have a portable barcode reader what was your justification, and how have your experiences with it been thus far.
e) any other comments, thoughts or insights that you may be able to offer.

Thank you so much for your assistance!

Emily Speight
Medical Library Services
Red Deer Regional Hospital