Good Morning Med-Libbers!  I have been asked by our speech pathologist
to investigate alternative methods than blue dye for determining
dysphagia in the swallowing test. I have checked available databases and
have found next to nothing. Is blue dye recommended? Is it used
universally? Are there alternatives and what are they? Do you have
policies regarding the use of blue dye for the swallowing test? Any help
you can give me would be very much appreciated.

Cynthia Arnold, Librarian

Health Sciences Library

Mid Coast Hospital

121 Medical Center Drive

Brunswick, ME 04011

Tel: (207) 373-6571

Fax: (207) 373-6588

is for the sole use of the intended recipient/s and may contain
disclosure, or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended
recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy/delete
all coies of the original message.