On Wed, 9 Mar 2005 07:44:58 -0500, Skip King
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>I'm guessing 8" net or so here in Gray, 4 miles from GYX and about 20 from
>PWM.  Bigtime winds last night, so lots of blowing and drifting.
>
>It'll be interesting to see how the totals finally check out.  Looks like
>Scott was pretty close in the 'dacks and Greens.  From what I can tell so
>far the real lollipops were eastern Maine, not Western Maine and the
Whites.

>Friday/Saturday looks intriguing on the UKMET and NAM, less so on the
GFS...

Yes this is true.  The 'dacks didn't get much of anything but it did snow
for a time there before the main storm moved up the coast, and same with
here in the Champlain Valley.  BTV got 5" and it looks like the 3-6"
verified here and in the 'Dacks.  The Green Mountain stations all look
like total of 6-12 with Jay getting 16.

Now, how about this for a lollipop (this is in the higher terrain of the
western foothills of the Berkshires, about 25 minutes from Albany):

Rensselaer County

   Averill park          18.0   740 PM   3/8   NWS employee
   averill park          17.0   557 PM   3/8   5"/hr
   stephentown           10.0   604 PM   3/8
   Brunswick              9.5   411 PM   3/8   NWS employee
   Grafton                9.0   712 PM   3/8
   poestenkill            9.0   702 PM   3/8
   Brunswick center       8.5   417 PM   3/8
   Nassau                 8.0   512 PM   3/8
   speigletown            7.0   440 PM   3/8
   Schaghticoke           5.0   459 PM   3/8

18" with 5" per hour rates!!

I think a large majority of the area up in the Whites and western Maine
(mtn zones) did verify with 10"+.  Someone up near Fort Kent is going to
have a ridiculous amount of snow when this is all done, however.

-Scott