Before we get too carried away let's remember that the original point of
the party was to bring everybody together to meet, greet, and ski.  Green,
blue, black - whatever.  Nobody told me this but I have been going to most
of the partys since ~ 1998.  On my first one somebody pointed out a few
people by name near the fireplace.  I am a bit awkward socially with
people I don't know and was having a good time talking to the people who
came with me.  The other folks looked pretty much the same.  But I went
over and introduced myself and was greeted warmly and have been friends
with those people ever since.  It turns out that many who read the list
and even post think that those like me who lie occasionally and exaggerate
almost always are actually telling the truth.  If they are at all modest
or self effacing it is a small step to thinking that we braggarts are
actually ski snobs, rather than just the terminal adolescents that we are.
 It seems to me that the greatest benefit of the party is to break down
such impressions and just let people meet, ski, and be themselves.  All
are welcome.

As for Mt. Wash., it is also traditional that if you plan to go you put
out a heads up and an invitation to the list to meet at a designated time
and place, often the scale at the AMC Pinkham Notch lodge at 9:00 AM.
That is always a great time too but it is not THE PARTEE.