Evan Osler [[log in to unmask]] wrote:

[amusin' lil' pissin'n'moanin' match with Stowe Mountain Resort deleted]

Gee Evan, could be worse- WaWa got about 1.3" of rain between midnight &
noon, but their 3PM report refers to surface conditions as "powder",
with  wet inches of new.

Maybe I need Atkinson's goggles for this, but somehow I'm having a hard
time seein' it as "powder" by anybody's definition! :-) (Of course I'd
never let mere crummy conditions keep me from skiing however...  But fer
sher it'll be better by tomorrow morning!)

I'm not sure why the rancor at obvious marketing slant- it is to be
expected. "Real skiers" usually pay attention and read between the
lines, and tourons don't necessarily understand or appreciate the
difference.  Complaints to marketing folks over conditions reports is
just so ssip in the wind- more entertaining to watch from the sidelines
than being involved first-person.  Take a lesson from Brer Fox, eh? :-)

http://www.otmfan.com/html/brertar.htm

It's not as if resort snow reporting is anything like journalism,
responsible or otherwise.  To the extent that some places tell it
more-or-less like it is, kudos to them, but I wouldn't take any resorts
reporting as the gold standard- even when they try to get it right,
conditions change (and quickly sometimes).

dana
_____________ ________ __
__( Tele till you drop!