On Mar 9, 2005, at 7:25 AM, Just In Woods wrote:

> not surprising in the least.  love the transcript, evan--but i wonder
> why
> you protect the person's name... lambaste the dratsab.
>
> i don't think evan is getting quixotic by calling the guy on it.  they
> need
> to hear it.  he got a response from an actual person.  will it change
> behavior?  probably not... but i don't think it negates the action.

In contrast, MRGs new "interactive snow report" (ISN) proudly displays
the name of the snow reporter while protecting the names of the
critics. Lambaste away -- they encourage it.

It was interesting to see the ISP get coverage in the new issue of SKI
magazine.

> i rather enjoy some of
> the euphemising he does... yesterday was deemed "tricky", for example--
> tricky for experts probably, deathly for more inexperienced skiers.

I double-checked. "interesting" was the word they used. Perhaps I
should, inexperienced skier that I am, call them on that.