Ok, so you're psa etiquette is good, but did you remove the offending
obstacle from the trail?

Patrick

-----Original Message-----
From: Vermont Skiing Discussion and Snow Reports
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Evan Osler
Sent: Monday, March 21, 2005 9:19 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [SKIVT-L] public service announcements (wuz: Mt Mansfield
3-19-05)

>when reasoned with--or even guilt-tripped--i am much more likely to
reflect
>on my actions.  if someone were to calmly--with, say, an earnest and
pained
>expression--tell me that my bootpacking ways deteriorate the trail,
break
>through fragile spring snow-bridges, and negatively impact the native
>habitat of swainson's thrush (maybe a single tear escapes here)...
well,
>then, i'm less likely to repeat the offense.

I agree. Which is why I always start by saying, "this is going to make
me
sound like a real ssahole, and I apologize in advance, but..".

Nobody wants to get in a fight on a beautiful day in the middle of the
woods, me included.

-Evan