-----Original Message-----
From: School Information Technology Discussion
[mailto:[log in to unmask]]On Behalf Of Steve Jarrett
Sent: Friday, April 08, 2005 1:18 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: account naming conventions

What naming conventions do you use for similar or identical login
names?

Our naming convention is last name and first initial.  What do you do
when you have John Smith and Jill Smith - smithjo and smithji, or
smithj1 and smithj2, or something else?

What do you do with two identical names, for example two James Jones?

Is there one industry standard or several?

Having an identity crisis,
Steve

Steve Jarrett
District Technology Coordinator
Mount Mansfield Union School District
Chittenden East Supervisory Union
(802) 899 - 3711

This e-mail may contain information protected under the Family Educational
Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).  If this e-mail contains student information
and you are not entitled to access such information under FERPA, please
notify the sender.  Federal regulations require that you destroy this e-mail
without reviewing it and you may not forward it to anyone.