We are converting from lastname-first initial to first letter of first
name and last name.  With duplicates we use the first and second letters
of the first name.  I am not aware of any duplicate names yet but we
would probably use the letters of the middle name.

Jack W. Barnes, CNE
Network Administrator
CCSU
802.878.1374

What naming conventions do you use for similar or identical login
names?

Our naming convention is last name and first initial.  What do you do
when you have John Smith and Jill Smith - smithjo and smithji, or
smithj1 and smithj2, or something else?

What do you do with two identical names, for example two James Jones?

Is there one industry standard or several?

Having an identity crisis,
Steve

Steve Jarrett
District Technology Coordinator
Mount Mansfield Union School District
Chittenden East Supervisory Union
(802) 899 - 3711

This e-mail may contain information protected under the Family
Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).  If this e-mail contains
student information and you are not entitled to access such information
under FERPA, please notify the sender.  Federal regulations require that
you destroy this e-mail without reviewing it and you may not forward it
to anyone.

The information contained in this communication, including any
attachments, is confidential,constitutes privileged
communication, and is intended only for the use of the
addressee. This message may not be forwarded without prior
consent from the sender. The information in this e-mail is
also protected by the rights afforded under Family Educational
Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) and school district policies.
Any unauthorized use, forwarding, distribution,disclosure,
printing or copying is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.
us immediately at 802-879-8192 or return e-mail,and delete any
copies of this message immediately.  Any inadvertent disclosure
of this communication shall not compromise the confidential
nature of the communication.