For the benefit of a particular school board member, I actually tracked our
support and expenses issues on Mac vs. Win PC for a little over a year.   The
results: the Macs required far less support time per unit, and the additional
cost turned out to be $.47 (yes, 47 CENTS) per machine.   Certainly worth it in
my estimation.

That school board member is now a Mac owner and loving it.

In a message dated 4/8/05 3:48:33 PM, [log in to unmask] writes:

> Plus Macs have a great reliability record.
>

> On 4/8/05 2:29 PM, "Eric Hall" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
> >> Apple computers which to be way more expensive
> >
> > Used to be - have you seen the Mac Mini? We are considering this as an
> > upgrade for our oldest Pentium machines. After all, we already have the
> > monitors, and a PS2/USB adapter is about $15.
> >
> > I don't mean to stir the pot too much, but in my mind the multimedia
> > software installed on a Mac makes the price worthwhile, plus the lack of
> > virus problems (although we still protect our newest Macs). We support
> both
> > equally, and have FAR fewer troubles with the Mac OS, particularly when it
> > comes to software and peripheral installation.
> >
> > Compatability issues are really a thing of the past if everyone is running
> > the same Application software (MS Office or OpenOffice). Of course, it
> seems
> > to be harder to teach Windows users the Mac OS than to teach Mac users
> > Windows. Hmmm...

Tommy J. Walz
Technology Coordinator
Barre Supervisory Union